The Young Five’s Explorers class meets Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday mornings from 9:00–11:30 a.m. You may choose to add our Friday morning 9:00–11:30 a.m. class to create a five day week for your child. (Currently the Friday class is full. You may sign up to be on a waiting list.) Children must be four by February 1, 2018.
This class is offered for students who are nearly 5 or 5 already and are ready for more academic emphasis. While including the core curriculum of Maple Tree, the Explorers class increases the students’ exposure to math concepts (one to one correspondence, grouping, beginning addition and subtraction), science, language arts (sight words, compound words, individual reading cards, writing, additional Zoo-phonics, role playing, letter formations and sounds, and early reading skills.) There is an emphasis on kindergarten readiness.
Zoo-phonics is one element of our curriculum. Each letter of the alphabet has a character and a movement attached to it. Learning and remembering the letters and sounds becomes easier with this approach. We also incorporate various elements of the Handwriting Without Tears.
Our core curriculum is made up of planned units of study including oceans, birds, mammals, reptiles, and insects. Units are taught not only to increase knowledge, but also to demonstrate God’s power and diversity in creation. We expand our curriculum through the use of various math manipulatives, art projects, show and tell, talking and listening, story time, exercises, music, and finger plays. We will take at least three field trips throughout the year to enhance our curriculum.
Tuition Payment Costs and Plans
We are in school for 34 weeks. This is longer than many local preschools. Our sessions run for 2 ½ hours per day. Tuition payments are due on the first of the month. We offer a twins’ discount–pay for one child at full price and the second at half price.
If your child will be attending 4 days a week, tuition is payable:
1. In 9 monthly payments of $164.00 (due the first day of each month)
2. By semester: 2 payments of $738.00 (due the first day of each semester)
3. By the year: 1 payment of $1,476.00 (due the first day of the school year)
If your child will be attending 5 days a week, tuition is payable:
1. In 9 monthly payments of $198.00 (due the first day of each month)
2. By semester (2 payments of $891.00 due the first day of each semester)
3. By the year (1 payment of $1,782.00 due the first day of the school year)
There is no refund if your child is absent. The $50.00 registration fee is non-refundable and is not part of the tuition payments.
To Enroll Your Child:
1. Complete the registration form online or print a copy to fill out and drop off or mail to us at 3060 Wilson Ave, Grandville.
2. A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee must accompany your registration. Checks may be made out to Maple Tree Preschool. If you are paying the registration fee online, please be sure to send Cindi an e-mail at email@example.com letting her know you sent it. Thanks!
3. Upon receipt of items one and two you will be sent a confirmation letter and a health appraisal form which must be filled out by a physician and returned to preschool at orientation.